Musical D

By | July 8, 2015

D loves to listen to music (albeit the tracks that she likes) and to sing along.  There’s often a tuneful moment or two when she’s in the bath, snippets of anything ranging from a bit of Ultravox (my influence), music from Madagascar, Despicable Me or (her favourite song) “Firework” by Katy Perry.

Music can also lift her out of a negative emotion too (just like me!) and I’m so pleased for her that she enjoys listening to, singing along and embracing new skills associated with music.

T, on the other hand, groans very dramatically at the thought of anything being put on, if it’s not football-related, then a definite “no”.

This was D, playing the flute in last week’s Proms Week at school and a consequence of her learning to focus and breathe in a certain way is that she’s now very good at whistling!

So, not only now do we have singing and humming, but she’ll appear next to me and trill like a little songbird – it’s usually a whistled version of the songs she enjoys too.

I said to D jokingly like if school ever put on a performance of Snow White, she’d be ideal as a whistling dwarf – which didn’t go down as well as I’d hoped!

Life is definitely “expect the unexpected” here, with the occasional (and very welcome) bonuses thrown in.  Lovely to hear our musical D when she’s relaxed and happy.

Silly Mummy on 8th July 2015 at 9:59 am.

I am pretty much equally impressed that D can play the flute and whistle – both skills having very much passed me by! How lovely that music can positively influence her mood. #SSAmazingAchievements

Jeannette on 26th July 2015 at 4:45 pm.

I know what you mean, I learnt the recorder in primary but that was it.
I’m so pleased that music enhances her mood and that one of my children likes music as much as I do!

Kim Carberry on 8th July 2015 at 12:15 pm.

Aww! Bless her! Well done to D playing the flute. How talented!

Jeannette on 26th July 2015 at 4:43 pm.

Thanks Kim, it’s great to see her enthusiastic and focused 🙂

An imperfect Mum on 9th July 2015 at 7:06 pm.

Being involved with music has so many benefits and I bet mummy was proud to watch the performance too. Well done! #SSAmazingAchievements

Jeannette on 26th July 2015 at 4:42 pm.

It was lovely to see, there were lots of very proud moist-eyed parents in the hall, just fab!

Jane - Our Little Escapades on 14th July 2015 at 2:09 pm.

It’s quite a skill to play the flute, I’m very impressed. I love that she loves to sing, must be so nice to hear, well hopefully ;0) x

Jeannette on 26th July 2015 at 4:41 pm.

It’s lovely to hear D singing, always a good indicator that she’s relaxed.
There’s usually a tune or two when she’s in the bath (just like her mum, but better!)