My Word Of The Week and #R2BC – Thurs 27th Nov 2014

By | November 27, 2014

Thursday again, time to reflect on the week and think about the positives. Something that is always a good thing to do.

The one word to sum up this last week is:

IMG_4735.JPG
(Image from reddit.com)

And here’s why (the R2BC bit):

1. Getting my MOT
I am rubbish at prioritising myself when it comes to my health which is just daft really, but I managed to get a doctor’s appointment and unburdened myself about the little (and no so little) niggles around me, myself and I. It helped. I’ve had blood tests for “well, everything” as the nurse put it and I do feel better for it, weirdly. Just knowing I’ve put me first is quite empowering. Just need to wait for all the results now…

2. A shade of grey
I’ve been tasked with painting our lounge for an upcoming review, I did a sample patch on the wall this morning and hated it. It was grey, nothing wrong with grey, but not in this house! But, by this afternoon, it had dried to an opaque-y, pearly, green-ish colour, we’ve all agreed we can live with that.
I now need to get it done amongst Christmas preparation, school performances and seeing what arises from number 1 above. Sandpaper anyone?

3. Empathy and a few giggles
D showed quite a bit of empathy yesterday and was so funny with her reasons why I should behave during my blood tests.. She is a little tonic and full of cuddles, when needed.

4. And the rest
Both T and D have had a good week on the whole, but it’s not been within a few niggles. T came home quite frustrated because his school are threatening to operate a seating plan on the school buses, it’s very unlikely to work successfully and certainly we feel if we’re paying £86 a month for this service, then he can sit where he likes! I think it’s the back portion that causing issues and niggles, T always sits at the front with a (similarly quiet) friend. Bureaucracy eh?

The Reading Residence

Redpeffer on 28th November 2014 at 10:24 am.

Funnily enough I went down to the nurse for a well overdue check up this week too. I’m waiting on the blood test results but generally the overall feeling was good and I’ve lost a stone since the last time I was weighed, which was slightly unexpected (but it was 9 years ago!)
And i think you and I share a similar love for a good cuddle 🙂 x

Jeannette on 28th November 2014 at 11:17 am.

I think we do 🙂 a good cuddle always helps. Hope your tests all come back ok, I do feel better for going which is positive x

Anne on 28th November 2014 at 11:03 am.

Good for you getting your health checked. it’s something most of us neglect. x

Jeannette on 28th November 2014 at 11:18 am.

It is, but I guess other things always overtake, don’t they x

Kim Carberry on 28th November 2014 at 12:19 pm.

That’s great you went for a check up! I need to visit the doctor soon for a few niggles I have….Have a great weekend x

Jeannette on 10th December 2014 at 1:34 pm.

Thanks, hope you get there soon and all ok x

Sara (@mumturnedmom) on 28th November 2014 at 7:35 pm.

Well done for making time for your own health… On my list! #WotW

Jeannette on 10th December 2014 at 1:35 pm.

Thanks, felt a lot better for going there 🙂

Jocelyn (@ReadingRes) on 28th November 2014 at 8:10 pm.

Oh I’ve a list of things i need to do for myself, but when will I ever do it? Well done you for doing it, and yes, I can see that would feel empowering. Good luck with the decorating, too. I need to paint our kitchen, which is almost laughable when I think about the amount of things I do in a day, aside from the not so small issue of having a 2 year old with me all the time! Oh well, one day! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

Jeannette on 10th December 2014 at 1:35 pm.

I guess being busy keeps us out of mischief 😉 x

LakesSingleMum on 28th November 2014 at 10:18 pm.

Niggles can be annoying or prompt! Glad you had your dose of D tonic

Jeannette on 10th December 2014 at 1:36 pm.

Thanks, she is a great cheerer-upper 🙂

Merlinda Little on 29th November 2014 at 9:10 am.

I am forever planning about a visit to the doctors to ask about things that is bothering me but never find any time for it. Glad you did =) #wotw

Jeannette on 10th December 2014 at 1:36 pm.

Thanks, get everything written down and hope you get there soon 🙂

xOjox on 29th November 2014 at 11:33 am.

Thanks to a few health issues, I have to have regular check ups, so I’m glad you listened to your body and went! Glad D was a tonic to help you along too xx

Jeannette on 10th December 2014 at 1:37 pm.

Thanks, I’m glad I went x