Frozen #WOTW

By | November 21, 2014

It’s funny how phases come and go, this one seems to be sticking around.

IMG_4724.JPG

“Frozen” is my word for this week, not because it’s cold, not yet anyway, although the changeable UK weather means that it could be by the time this publishes…

Nope, D loves all things “Frozen”. When the film first came out, she had no interest in seeing it and then she heard “Let It Go” and it all changed.

D loves to sing anyway, but she’s listened to and watched the video on YouTube so many times that she is word perfect with the song. Timing is all there too. We sing away to it in the bathroom, D usually laughing because I can’t remember the words, I do a mean chorus though!

We have (ssssh) bought her the Build A Bear Elsa for Christmas with the song inside, we can’t wait to see her face (I hope the song thingamajig has long-lasting batteries, because it will get played, a lot!).

The downside to D coming to this phase late is that she’s way too tall for any Frozen clothing, I did find a tshirt in Next but it’d already sold out in her size.

This may have to do as a replacement (also from Next), I can imagine her singing the song in this, especially as she’s singing a solo in the Christmas concert:

IMG_4725.JPG
(Image from the Next website)

And…this is causing mega mega excitement…it’s the school Christmas fair on Saturday and there will be Elsa and Olaf characters there. I have one very excited D!

Yep, it’s definitely a “Frozen” kind of a week.

The Reading Residence

Little Steps on 21st November 2014 at 12:15 pm.

Oh dear, I can relate. M four-year-old is Frozen mad too. I was hoping she’d get over it soon. But nope, guess what she’s asking from Father Christmas? Yep, she wants an Elsa castle. Sigh. #wotw.

Jeannette on 21st November 2014 at 7:15 pm.

Gosh, an Elsa castle? Good luck, I’m not mentioning that to D at all 🙂

Little Steps on 21st November 2014 at 7:36 pm.

Sigh. I know. I’m hoping she’ll change her mind! 😉

Kirsty Phillipson-Lowe on 21st November 2014 at 1:18 pm.

We are late to the party as I only just bought Frozen for the twins yesterday but they love it and it has been on non stop since 🙂 that is a beautiful dress! x #WotW

Jeannette on 21st November 2014 at 7:15 pm.

Thanks, I’m very tempted 🙂

Redpeffer on 21st November 2014 at 1:33 pm.

My two must be the only children who aren’t into Frozen at all-they have seen it, but that’s about as far as it went! I should imagine the bear will go down very well indeed 🙂

Jeannette on 21st November 2014 at 7:14 pm.

Hopefully, she saw it in build a bear and absolutely loved it. Pricey with the sound, dress and stuff though :-/

Jocelyn (@ReadingRes) on 21st November 2014 at 5:22 pm.

Fabulous! My daughter loves Frozen, too, and both kids sing along to the soundtrack, and it’s a CD that’s had a lot of playtime here! Hope D has fun at the fair x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

Jeannette on 21st November 2014 at 7:13 pm.

Thanks, she’s very excited about it, hoping to get some pics 🙂

Kim Carberry on 21st November 2014 at 5:50 pm.

My 7 year old loves Frozen….She wants all the clothes but they only go up to about 7 years old….She is in size 8 to 9! I have found a few items on eBay though 😉

Jeannette on 21st November 2014 at 7:13 pm.

It’s tricky isn’t it. Next do some tshirts up to age 16 but most of them are sold out. Thanks for the eBay tip x

Sam on 21st November 2014 at 9:47 pm.

I think I must be the only person in the world who has never seen Frozen! i don’t think my boys would be that interested. My five year old has a female friend who adores it though – we went to a small event with an Elsa character and she kept finding her way back to the tent with Elsa! 🙂 X #wotw

Jeannette on 24th November 2014 at 2:45 pm.

Aww, that’s very cute 🙂

Debbie Johnson on 21st November 2014 at 9:53 pm.

Yep! My three have been obsessed. Unfortunately after buying Christmas gifts for my daughter, she has decided she’s moved on!!
I hope everyone enjoys the fair.

Jeannette on 24th November 2014 at 2:45 pm.

Oh gosh, bad timing! Unfortunately we couldn’t find the characters but it was fun anyway 🙂

Merlinda Little on 22nd November 2014 at 12:03 pm.

Awww so cute! I can already imagine her excitement when she sees that frozen build-a-bear gift! Frozen is nice and that song is just empowering in so many ways =) #wotw

Jeannette on 24th November 2014 at 2:46 pm.

It’s a lovely song isn’t it, you’re right, it’s def empowering 🙂