My Word Of The Week and R2BC

By | September 11, 2014

We’re coming to the end of both D and T’s first full weeks in their new environments and there can only be one word for this week:

20140911-192654.jpg

We are so pleased that they are both settling in well, D in her new class and T in his new school. Both are facing challenges, D is the only girl in her class and with two of her three “boyfriends” and for T, it’s been a case of:
*new (secondary) school,
*new stricter uniform
*leaving the house much earlier to catch the school coach
*and getting used to so much change.

He’s doing well and seems so much happier than in primary.

He has PE three times a week, with different PE kit/boots for whichever sport they’re doing (which is taking some getting used to, in terms of bag packing) and there are so many books that he has to lug around, he’s taking it all in his stride though.

What else has made me cheerful this week?

Well, my lovely Hubbie has bought me some new glasses, I’d be lying if I said they didn’t have purple frames (!), it will be two weeks until they’re ready and then …wahey! I wasn’t a glasses wearer at all until about 18 months ago (and only for distance) so the fact that these will be worn all the time will take some getting used to, but it will be worth it.

Now that the children seem settled, I want to do some studying/learn something new. Whether it be a leisure topic or something more serious, I’m not sure. I heard a musician playing the Pink Panther theme on a clarinet in town during the week and it sounded amazing, so maybe that’s a good place to start researching, or an art topic, really don’t know.

So, a week in which I’m putting out little feelers, wondering which path to take and just feeling happy.

How’s your week been?

The Reading Residence

Louise George on 12th September 2014 at 6:28 am.

Sounds like a great week – glad both D and T are settling back to school so well and your new glasses sound very nice. Good luck with deciding on a new project 🙂

Jeannette on 29th September 2014 at 9:51 am.

Thanks, I’m still dithering about the project but think it will involve music 🙂

Redpeffer on 12th September 2014 at 8:48 am.

Brilliant news and you deserve some time to indulge yourself-enjoy the discovery x

Jeannette on 29th September 2014 at 9:51 am.

Thanks, am looking forward to it 🙂

Jocelyn (@ReadingRes) on 12th September 2014 at 12:18 pm.

All very good to hear! So pleased that the kids are settling so well, and I do like the sound of pursuing new hobbies yourself. Look forward to hearing more x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

Jeannette on 29th September 2014 at 9:52 am.

Thanks, am looking forward to the challenge 🙂

Kim Carberry on 12th September 2014 at 4:53 pm.

Aww! Brilliant news! Secondary school is hard work….My girl has just started so I know what you mean about all strict uniform, all the books, earlier starts and everything! Sounds like your boy is doing really well!
hehehe I did chuckle about D and her 3 boyfriends….Adorable!
Have a great weekend! x

Jeannette on 29th September 2014 at 9:53 am.

Thanks, hope your daughter is coping ok. D seems to heave collected another admirer at school now too 😉

Merlinda Little on 13th September 2014 at 5:14 pm.

New glasses! Mine’s black but blue inside. I am still adjusting to it weeks after I got them but always nice to see the world better =) #wotw

Jeannette on 29th September 2014 at 9:54 am.

I know what you mean, mine have arrived, taking a lot go getting used to ATM