New – Thurs 17th July 2014 #WOTW #R2BC

By | July 17, 2014

I’m having a bit of a multi-task as D has an ear ache so there may not be a blog-focus tonight/tomorrow.

Fortunately “ache” is not a word that would sum up our week, instead it would be:

20140717-203521.jpg

And here’s why (the #R2BC bit):

1. A new haircut

Now, I’m normally a trim-my-fringe gal, going to the hairdressers seems a bit of an expense but it’s something I decided to do before the school holidays and …voila!

20140717-203801.jpg

20140717-203809.jpg

These pictures were immediately afterwards, a bit “80’s throwback”, by Tuesday it was a bit more me, a bit more “ping!!”

20140717-204020.jpg

It’s quite funny not having a “bob” anymore, every day brings a different style. I like it.

2. Uniform

I went and got T’s new secondary school uniform earlier this week. It’s slightly vexing that they insist on so many branded items and the shop is one that caters for many of the schools, you could spend a small fortune in there but…at least I’m not buying uniform for a school that wasn’t our first choice, one that T would have left as soon as a space became available at our first choice (so relieved still, that we appealed).

T is still extremely positive about it all, he’s had a look through the uniform and wanted to start using his new school bag straight away, which is great.

3. New glasses

I also wanted to get an eye test booked in before the school holidays and that happened today. Yes, as I suspected, I need a new prescription, which will undoubtedly help with my recent headaches. Time to save the pennies…

4. New experience

Today, as part of T’s end of primary school sessions, the school arranged for Stomp to put on a performance of what they’ve been doing with the children.

It was extremely noisy but great! Lots of tempo used for making music and beats from metal dustbins, water cooler bottles, plungers and all sorts! Very interactive, very fast paced and all the children seemed to really enjoy it.

The instructors were very engaging with the children too, encouraging them whilst they bashed away on dustbins with drumsticks (as you do).

Really good fun. It was fab to see all the children enjoying themselves, counting each other in with the beat and smiling away.

5. New class

D is now aware who her new teacher is but we don’t know which of her friends will be with her yet or where her classroom will be. This has caused a bit of angst from D over the last couple of days and it’s still continuing, along with her ear ache. Hopefully we’ll get further clarification soon but it’s good to start at least mentioning her new teacher’s name in our chats.

I think that’s quite enough “new-ness” for one week, what word would sum up your week?

The Reading Residence

20140717-205845.jpg

Jocelyn (@ReadingRes) on 18th July 2014 at 10:30 am.

That is a lot of new! Your new cut looks lovely, which is a good new, but the glasses, not so much! I dread being told I need new ones, as they cost me loads (I’ve very poor eyesight!). I do hope you find out more about D’s class soon and that her ear ache goes x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

Jeannette on 22nd July 2014 at 8:25 pm.

Thanks J, ear thankfully now better but no more clarity around class unfortunately.

Philippa Tyrer on 18th July 2014 at 3:21 pm.

New is a great word (although not where glasses are concerned!) Your new hair is lovely too 🙂 #WotW

Jeannette on 22nd July 2014 at 8:24 pm.

Thanks, very pleased I had it chopped and layered 🙂

Kim Carberry on 18th July 2014 at 4:48 pm.

What a fab word…..Your hair looks fabulous!
I must book an eye test I need some new glasses….I just wear them for watching the tv but I haven’t even a clue where they are….lol x

Jeannette on 22nd July 2014 at 8:23 pm.

Thanks Kim, very pleased I went and had it done, good luck with your eye test!

LifeWithAsd on 18th July 2014 at 4:53 pm.

ohhh I love New, loving the haircut looks lovely. We are off uniform shopping soon to #WotW

Jeannette on 22nd July 2014 at 8:22 pm.

Thanks, good luck with your shopping, I’ve had a bit of a “whoops” moment with the uniform :-/

themummydiary on 18th July 2014 at 6:16 pm.

Lovely to have so many new things and the hair looks great, I can totally sympathise with poor D, I suffered terribly with ear ache as a child! Hope it gets better and she settles in next term #wotw

Jeannette on 22nd July 2014 at 8:21 pm.

Thanks, fortunately her ear is better but the new term anxieties are carrying on. Hopefully they’ll cease a bit once the holidays start 🙂

LakesSingleMum on 18th July 2014 at 8:02 pm.

fab hair do! so glad T looking forward to his new school. I need varifocals 🙁

Jeannette on 22nd July 2014 at 8:20 pm.

Thanks Becky, the hair is still doing something different every day, lol. Good luck with your specs too, not cheap are they :-/

Merlinda Little on 18th July 2014 at 8:47 pm.

Lovely haircut & lotsa positive things happening! My son will start school too & today is the last day of him preschool days. Its a bittersweet moment! #pocolo

Jeannette on 22nd July 2014 at 8:19 pm.

Awww bless him, he’ll grow up so quickly once she starts school, make the most of this time beforehand 🙂