If there is one word that would sum up today and my week, it would be this:
It has felt like I haven’t stopped this week, whether it be multi-tasking, phone calls concerning future appointments for D, numerous phone calls about T’s school place appeal and then the general day-to-day activities that our family life involves.
Some phone calls have brought results, others, frustratingly haven’t, such is life. Everyone is so, so busy, juggling.
But there have been moments that have made us happy this week (the R2BC element), here they are:
1. Two days before the start of April (Autism Awareness month), I had a sudden idea that I’d feature a guest post every night for the whole month. There were days when the inbox looked a bit lean and I wondered if there would be a post for that night, but they all came through and there were some wonderfully inspirational stories told, a round up here.. I’m so grateful that people took the time to send me their experiences and photos.
2. Another giddy moment was when I discovered that I’m shortlisted in the Brilliance in Blogging awards in Health.. I am never sure where my blog fits when categories come out: yes, it’s “parenting” but with a difference; yes, it’s “family life” but SN and yes, there is “campaigning” but it’s a gentle kind. So, to be shortlisted in Health, which encompasses mental health (and is a new category) seemed a very natural fit. I am totally delighted and honoured to be amongst such other fantastic blogs in this category and have not stopped feeling either very excited or very nervous ever since. A vote here before 16th May would be really appreciated.
3. About a month ago, D and I choose some tulip plants. One in particular she loved because of its name “Flaming Parrot” and its colour. After much rain and a smidgen of sunshine, it has finally bloomed and it was so worth the wait, D is delighted with “her” tulips.
4. If it moves, kick it…T was in a jubilant mood today, relieved that his week of SATs practice tests were over. He took great delight in running through the masses of dandelions in the grass verges and sending seeds and stalks everywhere! D was laughing away and it was nice to see them both so happy. She had a go too.
5. And it’s a Bank Holiday weekend too!
Enjoy the weekend Jx