Craftworks – Mon 26th May 2014

By | May 26, 2014

Today has been how I remember Bank Holidays when I was a teenager, weather-wise anyway. Watching the raindrops splashing down the windows, accompanied by something like “The Best Songs To Fall In Love To” on a music channel.

It made a change that we had a music channel on, it’s usually either taken up with some FIFA 14 or Tom and Jerry, D will watch a T and J episode, laugh away at it, tell me what’s going to happen next (and swivel my head in her hands to make sure I’m watching) but still treat it as it’s totally new.

Today D has been crafting another one of her birthday presents, a My Little Pony one. She loves to cuddle her MLP soft toys but this was a ceramic one, with instructions.

20140526-201123.jpg

20140526-201129.jpg

Apart from being a little upset that the MLP was white when it came out of the box (and not yellow), she did very well.

Happily following the instructions, waiting for the paint to dry and then adding the hair, stickers and other bits.

I think she did really well, she was very pleased with it and it combined three of the things she likes doing: painting, MLP and stickers. It was also a massive relief that it didn’t break!

20140526-201446.jpg

20140526-201452.jpg

20140526-201504.jpg

T has had a good day too, he’d totally forgotten it was half term this week so was extremely pleased when reminded! The last few weeks have been full of SATs and various anxieties around school, so hopefully he’ll relax a bit.

Talking of anxieties, D’s injection is scheduled for tomorrow, hopefully it will go smoothly bearing in mind it’s happening at home, but I think she’ll be attempting to bolt as soon as that door knocker goes. Wish me luck!

Thanks for reading, I hope everyone’s day has gone well, I’m linking the MLP aspect of today’s post up with @ethansescapades for #SSAmazingAchievements and @oliversmadhouse for #MagicMoments.

Although this was a close contender for both!
BiB2014healthFinalist

mygorgboys on 26th May 2014 at 8:43 pm.

great way to spend a rainy day, hope the injections go ok – enjoy half term!xx

Jeannette on 30th May 2014 at 12:51 pm.

Thank you, hope your week has gone well 🙂

Merlinda Little on 27th May 2014 at 1:26 pm.

I hope the injection session will turn out okay. That Little Pony is super cute! #MagicMoments

Jeannette on 30th May 2014 at 12:52 pm.

Thank you, she did really well (gently) crafting it all 🙂

Jaime Oliver on 1st June 2014 at 8:45 pm.

awww honey i think she did a fantastic job! i hope you have all had a fantastic this half term my lovely x

thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments

Jeannette on 4th June 2014 at 11:07 am.

Thanks lovely, she was really lucky to receive loads of crafting kits which were just brill. I was and still am poorly but it was on the whole a good week x

Jane Roberts on 3rd June 2014 at 9:34 am.

Congratulations on being a finalist, its fantastic news for you :0). I love the MLP kit that D had, I’m sure I used to have kits like this when I was younger but it wasn’t My Little Pony! She did an amazing job.

Thanks for linking up with Small Steps Amazing Achievements :0)
x

Jeannette on 4th June 2014 at 11:08 am.

Thanks Jane, still amazed that autismmumma is on the list, I keep thinking they’ve made a mistake 🙂

Niki De Schryver on 3rd June 2014 at 10:42 pm.

Waw the MLP results are amazing! On picture they look just like the plastic ones you buy! You can not tell it’s DIY!
Congratulations on the BiB award!

Jeannette on 4th June 2014 at 11:09 am.

Thanks Niki, she totally loved doing the kit and it’s still intact ATM too 🙂