Today, like many other days this week, has been spent playing a waiting game for phone calls to be returned, with regard to T’s school appeal. They aren’t being and so my Word for this week could have been “Aaaaaaargh!”, complete with a bit of stomping, but I do like to put a positive spin on things and so it’s…
And this is what’s been making me cheerful about it this week:
1. Thursdays are when D has after school club and T and I have a coffee shop visit. It’s always a chance for chat on the way and today he rushed out of school absolutely beaming because he’d been able to choose a prize for getting reward points this week.
He’d chosen one of those sky-diving plastic toys that you find in party bags and he was soon making it fly around in the quite windy weather.
It was nice to see him relaxed ahead of SATs next week and all the school place uncertainty. Hubbie joined us for our coffee trip too, which was a bonus too.
2. Another coffee date for me tomorrow and again on Tuesday, catching up with people for a gossip and a giggle is always good. There is also a coffee morning at school tomorrow at which one of the people I’ve been playing telephone-tennis all week will be at. Tick (hopefully). Always nice to see fellow SN parents there too as the majority of children arrive by school bus so there isn’t a school gates element at all. Luckily I’m a decaff girl otherwise I’d be bouncing around by home time.
3. Speaking of home, my coffee caddy always makes me smile, the tea and sugar ones are just as funny too.
4. My birthday present is on the way (yippee, finally) and it’s coffee-related. This will mean that I can have lovely ground coffee pop-pop-popping away if I’m at home (and not in Costa). I love the colour too.
5. I can’t have a blog about coffee without mentioning how much I like these:
Bunny gets in on the act sometimes too. Massimo Decaff Skinny Mochas. A definite treat. Always in a takeaway cup because I feel it’s safer with children around and I always take the cup home to recycle.
Please consider either clicking here or on the badge below and giving this blog a vote in the Health category (number 15) of the Brilliance in Blogging awards, I’m over the moon to be shortlisted (and that’s without caffeine!)