Wavering #WobblesWednesday

By | March 19, 2014

Wobbles Wednesday

Welcome to Wobbles Wednesday, our supportive weekly weight loss linky. We have a lovely group of bloggers who link up every week but anyone is very welcome to join, please remember to visit the posts linked up.

My post last week was all very happy and positive and unfortunately I’ve slumped since then. It’s all about the mindset, isn’t it?

I had met up with someone last week (a career woman, no children) and she made quite a cutting comment about the fact I’ve chosen to stay at home for my children. (I’ve previously done the working mother bit, the commute to London whilst pregnant with T had it’s moments and I’ve also childminded, so I’ve seen the home vs work thang from all angles). The comment stuck with me and unfortunately caused a “blip” (Jaffa cake anyone?!) and I haven’t really felt focused since then.

But I’ve continued with the meal replacement plan and, as I’m nearing the end of the first month, am left with those choices that I don’t particularly like. I usually love anything mushroom related, show me a fungi on a menu and I’m extremely happy but the mushroom soup and stroganoff are really quite yuck ( shame because I assumed I’d like them and ordered quite a few!). I’ve been supplementing them with potatoes, which I shouldn’t have done.

Anyway, it came as no surprise to find that I’d stayed the same this weight, which (positive spin) could have been worse.

I am looking forward to feeling positive again and getting back on track. It’s my birthday in three weeks and I’d like to have a good day without worrying that I’ve sabotaged things (diet wise) too much. Ideally I wanted to have lost a stone but that seems unlikely, I’ll settle for getting over that half stone hurdle which has eluded me this week.

Please grab my badge and link up below, I don’t receive notifications when someone has linked so if you could leave a comment/tweet me (@AutismMumma) that would be fab!

I’m looking forward to reading, commenting on and sharing posts and getting the positive vibe!!

As a cheeky aside, I’d be really grateful if anyone would consider voting for me in the Health section of the BiBs (Brilliance in Blogging Awards (or anywhere else that may feel appropriate), the Health section includes mental health and as the mumma of two lovely autistic children as well as this linky, it would seem to be a good fit.

20140319-161045.jpg

xOjox on 19th March 2014 at 4:55 pm.

ah sweetie, so with you this week, even the same result!! #pma all the way this week xx

Jeannette on 25th March 2014 at 7:10 pm.

Thanks lovely, unfortunately I think I’ve hit a slump and I think it will reflect in the scales tomorrow :-/ x

cherylp59 on 19th March 2014 at 7:43 pm.

A no-gain is still good, it’s better than a step backwards and stick your fingers up at the career women – she doesn’t get the proud mummy moments and heart-melting cuddles that you do so she’s just jealous ! xx Linked up but I need to change the batteries in my scales ! lol

Jeannette on 25th March 2014 at 7:11 pm.

Thanks Cheryl, I know what you mean. Hope your scales are behaving now, new batteries make such a difference 😉

Graham Kaye-Taylor on 19th March 2014 at 9:17 pm.

Think quite a few of us have had a difficult week. That you have had one and not gained is excellent. Sometimes we need to step back, and a jaffa cake or two can be forgiven

Jeannette on 25th March 2014 at 7:12 pm.

Thanks Graham, it’s been another difficult week so we shall see tomorrow …

Denise Johnson on 19th March 2014 at 10:43 pm.

I know it’s hard at the time but just try to ignore silly people like that. Well done on staying the same, it’s good, showing you that you can maintain 😉 My twitter is @mumabetterlife

Jeannette on 25th March 2014 at 7:12 pm.

Thanks Denise, look forward to having you join in 🙂

Victoria Welton on 20th March 2014 at 3:12 pm.

Sometimes it really is hard to stay focused when you feel a bit down. Keep going lovely – you CAN do this 🙂 x

Jeannette on 25th March 2014 at 7:13 pm.

Thanks Vicky. I’ve been the very opposite of focused, hope to snap out of it soon x

Alice Beaumont on 20th March 2014 at 9:57 pm.

I can definitely relate to the emotional eating! It’s great you stayed the same this week lovely now lets look forward to next week!

Jeannette on 25th March 2014 at 7:13 pm.

Thanks Alice x

Mummy Whiskers on 26th March 2014 at 12:31 am.

Totally relate to you with the blips, such a hurtful thing for someone to say too. I’m a SAHM too and dread the reactions I get when I tell people sometimes, but it’s the hardest job I’ve ever done, although the best too! I maintained this week too, hoping you have a better week this week and stay away from the Jaffas 😉

Jeannette on 1st April 2014 at 8:04 pm.

Thanks, I wouldn’t change the last few years, apart from maybe a bit more sleep!! Hopefully the scales will be kind tomorrow, it’s been a stressful few days..