Better late than never #WobblesWednesday

By | February 6, 2014

Welcome to Wobbles Wednesday, albeit on a Thursday after the most horrendous day yesterday, there were definite wobbles, wailing and wind, lots of garden-damaging wind.

Anyway, new day today.

Wobbles Wednesday is a weekly linky aimed at providing support and tips to those wanting a healthier lifestyle. We have a lovely group of regulars but anyone is welcome to link up via the linky below and join in. It really is a case of the more, the merrier.

There is also a badge to grab from my sidebar.

Wobbles Wednesday

I decided this morning it was time to face the scales and see what I was up against. I’ve kept away for a while but it was time. Disappointingly it seems that I’m more or less the same as I was this time last year so I’ve managed to yo-yo up and down since then.

Time for me to think really about what works for me and doesn’t:

What doesn’t work:

I am an “all or nothing” girl so saying I can have a little bit of whatever doesn’t happen. For that reason I’ve avoided the slimming club route.

Also, even though I love the Dukan concept, I would miss my vegetables and fruit too much.

What does work for me:

Juices – the Naked Juices are just lovely. I need to start re-introducing them into my day.

Not having things in the house that I like, then I’m less tempted. For this reason, I think I’d do well on a meal replacement diet.

I hear such good things about Curves, once my fence disaster is sorted, I think I’ll be there.

I finished the Josie Gibson book this week and was very impressed by her advice and mindset, dieting is definitely mind over matter. She is a prime example of overcoming her issues and achieving, I’m sure the DVD deal and personal trainer were a very good incentive too!

So, as from next week I’ll be joining in the numbers game too, lost, gained or stayed the same, I’ll be there.

Now over to you, how has your week gone? Please link up below with your posts and leave me some motivation in comments.

I don’t get an automatic email when people link up so if you could let me know either via a comment or a tweet that would be fab, I will read, comment and share posts.

20140206-095351.jpg

Graham Kaye-Taylor on 6th February 2014 at 10:21 am.

I’m very much like you on the all or nothing stakes, and diet best when I’m fully committed. That being said, it becomes more difficult to sustain if you try to go down a 24/7 routine every day of the week. The 5:2 diet has gathered a lot of positive news in recent times. If you want to be all or nothing, spin it around to 2:5, whereby you are well disciplined 5 days a week, but eat with less restriction for two days. I’ve found this to work for me during weekdays, allowing for a more relaxed weekend. Admittedly it often leads to Sunday night moaning blogs about how much I’ve eaten, but over the course of 7 days it works pretty well.

cherylp59 on 6th February 2014 at 11:45 am.

LOL Perfect for linking up to the Sunday weigh-in linkie then – have Wednesday as the positive one and Sunday as the moan !! 😉

Jeannette on 7th February 2014 at 10:50 am.

Agreed!! Good thinking 😉

Jeannette on 7th February 2014 at 10:50 am.

That’s a really good idea, thanks Graham. That would probably work well for me 🙂

cherylp59 on 6th February 2014 at 11:47 am.

I’ve linked up 🙂 Have you tried the SlimPod? You mention mind over matter and it retrains your subconscious. I was an absolute cynic when I was sent the mp3 to review and I haven’t looked back. I still can’t quite get my head around a 10 minute daily mp3 having the slightest effect but it really does help !

Jeannette on 7th February 2014 at 10:51 am.

Thanks Cheryl, I keep forgetting to use it as it’s a CD as opposed to MP3 but yes, I think it would help. Thanks for linking up
🙂

xOjox on 6th February 2014 at 1:09 pm.

I am completely the opposite! I’m doing really well because I only allow chocolate on Sunday, and I don’t stick 100% on weigh day lol. The meal replacement sounds like an excellent idea, and what graham has said, below x

Jeannette on 7th February 2014 at 10:54 am.

Thanks lovely, I need to get my blooming fence sorted (£££ unfortunately) and then I’ll be looking into it. I need that d i s c l i p l i n e 🙂

Lauren James on 6th February 2014 at 9:26 pm.

I also work best when there’s nothing tempting for me to mindlessly munch away on! Good luck for next week x

Donna@Mummy_Central on 7th February 2014 at 9:39 am.

Look on the positive side. You haven’t gained lbs and you would probably be in a far worse position if you weren’t watching your weight. I’ve heard great things about Curves too – there just isn’t one in my area that I can get to, otherwise I’d be there. Good luck x

Jeannette on 7th February 2014 at 10:55 am.

Very true, it’s just annoying that I’ve faffed around but seem more determined now. Curves for sure once fence paid for! X