Day 15 #WobblesWednesday

By | January 15, 2014

Duuuhaay 15 – as the Big Brother narrator would say – into the New Year and whilst I don’t really make resolutions as such (cos I don’t want to beat myself up when I break them), I’m pleased that I’m staying off the chocolate.

There have been a couple of times during the last week when I’ve been frustrated at a situation and would normally reach for something, I stopped myself, recognised why I was doing it and felt good that I hadn’t succumbed.

There was an article in The Mirror this week – click here to read it – and it was a series of questions designed to find out what kind of dieter people are. I answered the questions and very quickly established that I am an emotional eater. No great surprise.

It is recognising and accepting the triggers that I find difficult so this week and ongoing I’m aiming to make time to listen to my Thinking Slimmer CDs.

I’ve also been decluttering and this morning filled a Hippobag, which not has not only freed up some garden space but was good exercise too.

So, my goals for this week are:

Continue to feel positive and that I’m achieving things. I’ve had a couple of compliments this week and, normally I’d brush them off, I’m trying to just accept them as the nice things they are.

Recognise that the occasional treat is okay, in moderation. My Silent Sunday this week was a picture of the most amazing scones and they were as good as they looked.

Keep walking. We are back on the school runs and whilst I might resent the fact I don’t drive when it’s raining, it’s very good exercise and fresh air too.

Thank you to everyone who linked up last week and took the time to comment on each other’s posts. The support is wonderful. I really enjoyed reading and sharing the posts and my favourite had to be Orli’s chocolate craving post.

Please grab my badge and link up below, I look forward to seeing how everyone is doing Jx

Wobbles Wednesday

xOjox on 15th January 2014 at 1:33 pm.

Well done for staying off the Choc!! That alone amazes me xx

Jeannette on 18th January 2014 at 3:52 pm.

It’s amazing me too lol, but I am known for my stubbornness 😉

Jaime Oliver on 15th January 2014 at 1:54 pm.

Super duper on staying off that chocolate .. i really miss chocolate at the mo! good luck with next week honey xx

Jeannette on 18th January 2014 at 3:52 pm.

You too J x

cherylp59 on 15th January 2014 at 1:58 pm.

Well done – you’re off to a great start. The Slimpod will help too 🙂

Jeannette on 18th January 2014 at 3:52 pm.

Thanks Cheryl, I hope so, keep hearing such good things about it 🙂

celebratingmums on 15th January 2014 at 6:07 pm.

I have not done the test yet but think I will be an emotional eater too. It is my downfall. Thanks for keeping me in the Wobbles loop which has helped me finally start the journey again @kateonthinice

Jeannette on 18th January 2014 at 3:51 pm.

You’re very welcome Kate, nice to have you with us all 🙂

Graham Kaye-Taylor on 15th January 2014 at 8:00 pm.

Having failed pretty miserable to stay away from chocolate in the last few days, I admire your will power. Probably the better option that going for a 10k run like I did last night, conveniently before a weigh in 🙂

Jeannette on 18th January 2014 at 3:50 pm.

Gosh, well done on the 10k run, I think running must present great thinking time. Your choc sounds well deserved!

Orli, Just Breathe on 16th January 2014 at 11:36 am.

Thank you so much for mentioning me! I am really glad you liked my post 🙂 Congratulations for 15 days of no chocolate and dieting success! No wonder you got compliments. You deserve them! I am really happy to be a part of this linky and community. I will link up tomorrow with my weekly update! xx

Jeannette on 18th January 2014 at 3:49 pm.

Thanks Orli and you’re welcome, look forward to reading x

Jeannette on 19th January 2014 at 4:16 pm.

You’re welcome, will be reading and sharing remaining posts in a bit. Had an extremely busy week but it’s been good 🙂

Cathy on 18th January 2014 at 5:26 pm.

I quite agree that the occasional treat is OK. Exercise is going to be a focus of mine in the upcoming weeks.

Jeannette on 19th January 2014 at 4:15 pm.

Thanks Cathy, me too. It’s recognising the treat as a treat with me and not the norm. Good luck with the exercise and thanks for commenting and linking up 🙂