Bounce! #MagicMoments #WhatsTheStory

By | January 20, 2014

As I’ve mentioned in my Word Of The Week post, I’ve had a bit of a busy week last week, but a fruitful one.

It’s been mostly spent in the garden, getting extremely muddy..

20140119-222403.jpg
..and decluttering in preparation for Spring and hopefully some better weather.

One of my goals was to take down our 13ft trampoline and replace it with a 10ft one.

Both T and D rely on the trampoline for not just exercise, but as a stress-reliever too. For T especially, his calming mechanism is getting on there with a ball, kicking it around the trampoline and commentating as he does so. For D, it’s more of a fun way to bounce, preferably bouncing her soft toys around as she jumps.

As both children find a normal busy park environment too stressful, our back garden is their haven, somewhere they can relax. Although it was extremely muddy, it made sense for me to get things moved around, any clutter gone and create a little bit more space before the February half term.

Today (Sunday) the trampoline was finished. We’ve never had a TP trampoline before and I was really impressed with the easy-to-follow instructions and the quality of the parts. I like the way that the springs are totally inaccessible from within the enclosure.

T was occupied with his homework so D had a maiden bounce on the trampoline and she loved it.

20140119-223310.jpg

20140119-223316.jpg

20140119-223325.jpg

So good to see her so happy after a fraught time earlier in the day, this trampoline is going to get a LOT of use.

Trampoline and Mumma 1: Mud 0

To see D so happy was definitely a Magic Moment and I’m also linking this up with Whats The Story.

20140119-223746.jpg

20140119-224005.jpg

Mumof2.com on 20th January 2014 at 8:17 am.

Our boys love the trampoline too and it looks like D is having fun on that maiden jump! x #MagicMoments

Jeannette on 21st January 2014 at 12:32 pm.

Thanks, she absolutely loved it 🙂

Jocelyn (@ihavecards) on 20th January 2014 at 8:42 am.

Looks like loads of fun being had there! My daughter loves hers, and she seems to never tire out on there!

Jeannette on 21st January 2014 at 12:32 pm.

They’re great aren’t they, good exercise x

Sarah MumofThree World on 20th January 2014 at 9:47 am.

Fantastic that the trampoline is so good for them and glad you’re happy with your new one. We got rid of our trampoline recently as it was old and falling apart and the kids didn’t use it much any more. I think they might miss it in summer though!

Jeannette on 21st January 2014 at 12:32 pm.

Thanks, that’s the only thing isn’t it, they do succumb to the weather. Hope yours won’t be missed too much x

Jaime Oliver on 20th January 2014 at 10:51 am.

awww i am so so glad she is getting what she needs from the new trampoline. I have never been on one as they terrify me, so she is super brave in my book too!!

thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments xx

Jeannette on 21st January 2014 at 12:30 pm.

Thanks J, I go on ours rarely but they are good fun. T and D love bouncing over me on it 🙂

Kim Carberry on 20th January 2014 at 12:25 pm.

Aww how fantastic!! Trampolines terrify me too…My girls keep asking for one but they way they are I just know there would be accidents!!

Jeannette on 21st January 2014 at 12:30 pm.

Thanks Kim, I’d never go for a non-enclosed one but T and D couldn’t be without theirs 🙂 is there a trampoline club they could go to near you?

HonestMum on 20th January 2014 at 12:42 pm.

Boing, we love our trampoline too!

Jeannette on 21st January 2014 at 12:28 pm.

Aww thanks, they are fab, aren’t they 🙂

disqus_dIRjNoslsp on 20th January 2014 at 1:54 pm.

The monkeys love their trampoline, though it’s only small! I used to love it at school too! So pleased you have one! #MagicMonday

Jeannette on 21st January 2014 at 12:28 pm.

Thank you, this one was fantastic to put up and I love how the springs are totally away from the child when bouncing 🙂

Marylin on 20th January 2014 at 5:41 pm.

Our trampoline gets a lot of use too. Not so much because Max doesn’t like the park (he would stay there *all* day), but because he needs the sensory stimulation to calm down. Though it doesn’t get as much use throughout the winter as he hates being cold or wet!

Jeannette on 21st January 2014 at 12:27 pm.

Thanks Marylin, so true. My two “bounce it out” at times, there are trampoline tents that fit over but I’ve seen photos of them collapsed due to rainfall :-/

Redpeffer on 20th January 2014 at 9:14 pm.

My daughter would love a trampoline-such a fantastic stress reliever. Well done you for winning the battle 🙂

Jeannette on 21st January 2014 at 12:25 pm.

Thanks Iona, they are brill as a stress reliever. It definitely was a battle too, I managed to rip two fingernails out in the process but all done 🙂

Aedín Collins on 21st January 2014 at 2:03 pm.

I’d love to get a trampoline and I’m sure Mini would love it-have always been a bit wary of them for fear of injuries but the netting looks great and safe! #magicmoments

Jeannette on 23rd January 2014 at 12:31 pm.

Thanks for your comment 🙂 I was the same when mine first started bouncing but this one is great as the poles and netting are totally away from the child bouncing.

afra willmore on 22nd January 2014 at 9:08 am.

the trampoline is great for kids – even my 18 year old still boucnes on ours occasionally. #whatsthestory #magicmoments

Jeannette on 23rd January 2014 at 12:32 pm.

Aww brill, such good exercise aren’t they, thanks for commenting 🙂