A little bit of Christmas spirit

By | December 16, 2013

I popped into town this morning, it was raining and busy. No doubt full of people like me who are wondering where early December has gone and what crackers to buy for the festive table.

M&S’s food hall was packed and this was at 930am, goodness knows what it’s like at lunchtime. I was glad to get through the self service tills (am I the only one who talks back btw?) and head into the relatively quieter clothing area.

A woman approached me with a smile and, as she wasn’t wearing a staff uniform, I figured she wasn’t selling insurance/energy/store cards etc.

What she was offering me was a 20% voucher, she’d had it in a magazine, used it and wanted to pass it on. It was valid for however many uses, before expiry. How thoughtful!

I’d spent my budget so looked to “play it forward”. The first lady I approached had been given a voucher by someone else but the second one gladly accepted and said she’d pass it on too.

I can just imagine these vouchers still changing hands now, such a lovely way to spread a little happiness and festive cheer.

Linking this to Vic Welton and PoCoLo and my own little positivity linky which I’ll start in the New Year (badge below).

autismmumma

20131216-172137.jpg

Erica Price on 20th December 2013 at 7:14 am.

Yes that’s a lovely thing to do. Nice to give someone a little treat.

Jeannette on 22nd December 2013 at 5:28 pm.

It definitely was and they were 20% off vouchers too, so worth it 🙂

Kriss MacDonald on 20th December 2013 at 4:32 pm.

Good to hear that everyone was in fine Christmas spirits and thinking of others doing a food shop!
#pocolo

Jeannette on 22nd December 2013 at 5:27 pm.

It was really nice to see and be a little part of it amongst the hustle and bustle x

Victoria Welton on 21st December 2013 at 7:25 pm.

What a lovely thing to do 🙂 It’s good to see the Christmas spirit alive and kicking. Thanks for all your support with PoCoLo this year 🙂 x

Jeannette on 22nd December 2013 at 5:27 pm.

Thanks Vicky, it was lovely. Have a great Christmas x