Relief #R2BC

By | November 28, 2013

I’ve been feeling a tad stressed this week, it’s been to do with the time of year and also to do with both children’s schools.

But, let’s take a "glass half full" approach and I’ll list below this week’s Reasons To Be Cheerful:

1. Yes, the run up to Christmas is stressful, but it’s 24 hours and then the blooming sale adverts start on the TV. I’m most looking forward to snuggling up on the sofa with Hubbie and the children and just being us. No pressure, just us.

2. T’s school has been a worry, but we seem to have turned a corner. I wrote a letter expressing my concerns and disappointment and the HT responded very quickly. We both have T’s best interests at heart and hopefully the remainder of his last year in primary school will go more smoothly.

3. We had D’s annual statement review meeting this week and although I was totally blind-sided by one question, it went very well. She is extremely happy there and, in the nearly four years she’s been there has flourished. They were questioning whether she would be able to return to mainstream and she couldn’t cope, I I know it, but they have to give us that option.

Relief #R2BC

4. My decluttering has continued. It backfired on me big-time with the news that T has to dress up as an 80’s pop star for his Christmas production. I’d charity-shopped some flouncy blouse-type things that cold have been made a bit New Romantic-ish. Darn!! It’s not all bad though because I doubt he’d have agreed to wear it anyway and I remembered about the Beastie Boys (track suits, tshirts, baseball cap) and I found a VW plastic medallion necklace on eBay…sorted! It’s big, brash and cheap as chips.

5. My mother-in-law was in hospital this time last year, having had a massive stroke. She has recovered far beyond expectations and has asked for novels this year for Christmas. A massive indication that she is getting back to the activities she enjoyed.

6. We’re going to watch the huge Christmas tree in the village precinct being switched on on Saturday, D will be so excited and I can’t wait to see her face. There will be carol singing too and I expect she’ll join in, she loves singing. She’s been practicing the songs for her Christmas peformance everywhere. I am SO glad that their school performances don’t clash, that would have been difficult to manage!

This time of year, although stressful, is also a time for reflection as to how the year has gone. It could be a lot worse and for that, I’m grateful.

Linking up with @vicwelton for #PoCoLo and Becky and the other #R2BC here:

Relief #R2BC

Ojo Henley on 28th November 2013 at 7:06 pm.

Isn’t life easier when the school listens and helps?

Like you, I am looking forward to just being ‘us’. However, its my oldest boys birthday boxing day! Xx

becky @ lakes single mum on 28th November 2013 at 10:30 pm.

good news on school front! I love extended family getting together at christmas 🙂 so glad you MiL is obviously recovering well

kriss macdonald on 29th November 2013 at 8:16 am.

Sounds like you’re busy with two Christmas performances and more but then hopefully you’ll all get the chance to enjoy some family xmas time together. Beastie Boy costume…genius

Verily Victoria Vocalises on 29th November 2013 at 3:13 pm.

What wonderful reasons 🙂 Great news about your Mother In Law 🙂 We are going to our towns light switch-on this evening! Thanks for linking to PoCoLo x

notmyyearoff on 29th November 2013 at 3:56 pm.

I hope you have a lovely Christmas this year and really good news about your mother in law

Kim Carberry on 29th November 2013 at 9:09 pm.

Lovely reasons to be cheerful x

Jaime Oliver on 30th November 2013 at 2:15 am.

Have a fab time tomorrow at the light switch on honey xx

Cat Williams on 1st December 2013 at 1:14 am.

Hi Jeannette,

I am a #pocolo visitor! Great post, it sounds like a pretty stressful week to me, but I love your positive take on it all, it reminds me to stay positive as well so thank you.

We are an Army family so I usually find myself reflecting on the year that has past, but also asking "I wonder where we will be this time next year?" question. In 2014 we hope to make the big step and settle somewhere after 7 moves in 10 years, so this time next year hopefully we’ll be in our ‘forever’ house as fellow Army wives call it!

I am Cat from Stay Calm and Content, a newbie blogger and new to #pocolo, nice to meet you! My latest #pocolo post is "Dear Cat… what do I do about my step sister’s wedding?" if you fancy checking it out? @catstaycalm on Twitter.

Till next time, take care, Cat xx

Jeannette on 4th December 2013 at 7:41 pm.

Thanks Cat, I’ll pop over to have a read of your blog 🙂 I try to be a “glass half full” J, it sometimes doesn’t always work but it’s better than being down 🙂

maillot de sport on 9th December 2013 at 12:13 am.

Wonderful blog! I am loving it!! Will be back later to
study some much more.