Half cup full #R2BC

By | October 17, 2013

I’m trying to think positive this week, it’s always better to be a "half cup full" rather than "half cup empty" J.

Here’s my Reasons To Be Cheerful, linking in with Mich at http://nblo.gs/Q8O2v

1. We went to the circus this week, post below. It was via a ticket ballot at D’s school and a relaxed performance, which meant that SN children could dance/laugh/shout/enjoy the show. Both the children and Hubbie and I loved it, there were some very bendy performers!

2. My nails got completely wrecked before the summer by going to a place that uses the filing machines so I’ve switched back to Shellac, underneath this lovely pink varnish are 1/3 paper-thin damaged nails, but (glass half full time), they are growing back healthily and the damage should be grown out by January (ish). It’s always nice to have a little pamper too.

Half cup full #R2BC

3. Both children are having good weeks at school, T went Snow Tubing today as part of the non-residential group and D is continuing to do well after an initially unsettled time.

4. One of our neighbours lost his wife after a very fast, vicious 3-month battle with cancer recently. I’m so grateful we are all healthy, living with autism may bring its limitations (and it certainly does) but I try to think of what they are ABLE to do, rather than disable.

5. T will be 11 two weeks on Monday, I can’t believe our little man is growing up so quickly, he was asking when his voice would break this week (!), he copes so well in his mainstream environment, prone to the occasional strop but then, who isn’t?

That’s me, hope this positivity continues Jx

Jo Henley on 17th October 2013 at 5:06 pm.

Again, I will say, beautiful nails……mine seem to have an aversion to growing!!

My boys seem to be better in school than ever before, long may it continue x

becky @ lakes single mum on 17th October 2013 at 10:29 pm.

I never have time to do my nails! so glad things are going well

michelle twin mum on 18th October 2013 at 12:19 am.

Ohh I love your nails and yay fo a great trip to the circus. Mich x

Erica Price on 18th October 2013 at 8:36 am.

Loving the nails. The circus trip sounds fun.

Welcome to the mummy madness on 18th October 2013 at 8:42 am.

How lovely Its great to list this things we are happy about, hope you have a good weekend! x

Jaime Oliver on 18th October 2013 at 11:14 am.

I am so so pleased things are a little more positive for you 🙂 i am loving the nails x

Amanda on 18th October 2013 at 11:26 am.

So pleased you are finding so many things to be positive about, awful to hear about your neighbour and his wife.

Verily Victoria Vocalises on 18th October 2013 at 1:36 pm.

The nails look amazing – contrast really well with your beautiful engagement ring 🙂 Love the circus too. Thanks for linking to PoCoLo x

kriss macdonald on 18th October 2013 at 5:50 pm.

I agree with you that it’s so much better to consider things as half full rather than half empty. Great nails too

Kim Carberry on 18th October 2013 at 6:21 pm.

You’re nails look fabulous!

Things sound so positive for you at the moment! So pleased x

Kate on Thin Ice on 19th October 2013 at 12:35 am.

Lovely positive post. You are amazing. You do so well by your family. Also I love how you look after yourself more than I do too. Good on you