Let It Snow (and then rain) Mon 14.01.2013

By | January 14, 2013

D loved seeing the snow this morning, both she and T got very excited watching the flakes falling. I think everyone does ..and then the outer grown-up in me reminded the inner child how much disruption even a couple of inches causes in this country – “wrong time of snow” according to Network Rail in previous years.

The snow made for a very enthusiastic school run, they couldn’t wait to get outside and even if there wasn’t enough for a snowman, there was enough for (small) snowballs.

So, it was a happy D who burst into her school, telling everyone it was snowing.

Shame the snow didn’t last, it was puddles and mush by the time I collected her.

She’d had a good day, they’d been outside trying to collect snowflakes and she’d also been practising curling, she’s taking part in a curling tournament tomorrow. I forgot to ask if parents are allowed to go and watch, I hope so!

This is a curling image, I guess it’s sort of a cross between frisbee and bowls?

20130114-201336.jpg
She’s very enthusiastic about taking part so that’s a bonus!

She’s been very happy this afternoon – bouncing, flapping and cuddling.

I like this happy phase D’s in, I hope it stays with us for a while. And if it doesn’t, then it’s been great!

I hope everyone’s had a good day, comments/RTs/shares welcome, thanks for reading Jx 😘

20130114-202418.jpg

20130114-202432.jpg

kimmer2111 on 14th January 2013 at 9:11 pm.

Good luck to your daughter with the Curling tomorrow hope you get to go and watch!
We’ve had snow then rain then more snow and guess what it’s raining again now!! I just want one day where the snow is deep enough to build snowmen & have fun in it….

Ciara MacGrath on 14th January 2013 at 9:44 pm.

I find myself smiling reading this post. Another happy day for D. Hope she enjoys curling tomorrow. I’m looking forward to reading about it. 🙂

1funmum on 15th January 2013 at 1:44 am.

Do you know that your my favorite bloger! It’s reading wonderful posts like this one. It just brings a smile to my face as I read. Oh and it has nothing to do with the team Canada curling team picture you used. Absolutely nothing.  hope she enjoys the winter sport. I suck at it but many just love it. Hope you do get to watch. Cheers and much love. Hope all your days are as blessed as this one

יונתן קסר on 15th January 2013 at 3:09 am.

Curling’s more like bocce than frisbee, etc… (I’m mildly biased, being a curler. 😉 ) Hope she had fun!

freya on 15th January 2013 at 11:19 pm.

Hiya j, not been on twitter for a while as my phone is pants, but just found you on google. Wicked blog as always, glad your all enjoying the snow, stuck it on my fb cos it made me smile, love freya xx

AutismMumma on 18th January 2013 at 7:09 pm.

Thanks, hope you’ve all had some fun today 🙂

AutismMumma on 18th January 2013 at 7:10 pm.

She def did, shame I couldn’t watch but – all things considered – she did brilliantly 🙂

AutismMumma on 18th January 2013 at 7:11 pm.

AutismMumma on 18th January 2013 at 7:12 pm.

Thanks, I wasn’t sure how to describe it. She had a brill time 🙂

AutismMumma on 18th January 2013 at 7:23 pm.

*waves* thanks Freya, for the Facebook share, it’s appreciated. D did brilliantly in her curling on Tuesday, her team came second and got medals!
I hope you’re all ok, not nice having a duff phone xx