Music Monday, Motivational Monday

By | November 19, 2012

Here’s my “Music Monday” today, there’s about a 5 second advert at the start and then it’s Roxette – Joyride.

I’d forgotten quite how much I liked this song until I heard it again last week. The lyrics (“hello, you fool, I love you”) ahem, Mr Bluecrisps seem very apt to life at the moment.

And, this could describe my lovely D perfectly:

“Oh, she’s the heart of the funfair, she’s got me whistling her private tune.

She’s a flower, I can paint her, she’s a child of the sun. We’re a part of this together, could never turn around and run.”

Not forgetting the video, when I watched it, I remembered how I wanted some harlequin leggings too (no chance now haha!). Totally love the guitar riffs (is that the right word?) too.

Roxette – if you don’t know – are a Swedish duo (Marie Fredriksson and Per Gessie) most popular in the late 80’s and 90’s but still performing to wide acclaim today. Made all the more impressive by Marie’s successful recovery from a brain tumour in 2002.

People would probably remember “It Must Have Been Love” from the film “Pretty Woman”.

I really enjoyed re-discovering this song for today’s “Music Monday” – another one next week.

Thanks for reading Jx 😘

And my Motivation:

20121119-144012.jpg

20121119-144019.jpg

thenotsomightyom on 19th November 2012 at 3:51 pm.

Black Humour I’m afraid , I ‘m glad I’m not suffering from a Brain Rumour.

I’m sure someone who was in that juxtaposition might smile at that too.

Take Care , lovely blog….. might load Joyrider on my ipod!

Nicky Wells on 19th November 2012 at 7:56 pm.

I LOVE THAT SONG! In fact, I love that whole album. All of it. And my top song is the mellow ‘Spending My Time.’ It may not seem motivational to begin with, but it does pull you through. Thanks for reminding me!

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG0IYV6G0I0?rel=0&w=420&h=315%5D

AutismMumma on 22nd November 2012 at 1:27 pm.

Thank you, I really like the whole album too. There is one song on there that will be future Music Monday. “Spending my time” is a very good one, thanks for the link x

AutismMumma on 22nd November 2012 at 1:29 pm.

Haha! So glad you pointed that typo out, that’s what comes off trying to get a post done before the school run.

Yes, def download “Joyride” it’s fab!

arguesery on 17th December 2012 at 11:25 pm.

Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

cheap air jordans

Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys

AutismMumma on 20th December 2012 at 11:31 am.

Oh course you can, thank you.